Sunday, December 14, 2008

So I created this blog thing for my math class. That's right, my math class. Except I only used it once and probably didn't get the points anyway. But hey, I figure it's always good to have a place where you can put your thoughts.

I've realized that I'm the type of person who needs a place to put their thoughts or they can't function very well. For example, I have a hard time falling asleep at night, and more often than not I'll wake up several times during the night. Some of the problem is all the stuff I need to think about or should be thinking about doesn't come to me untill I'm laying in bed at midnight or 1 in the morning. Then I had the idea of writing in my journal before I fall asleep, because that's when all the crap falls out of my brain and onto paper the easiest. Ok, I lied about the first part. I got the idea from my roommate, Melissa. Brilliant girl.

Anyway...it's a good thing my room roomate is a deep sleeper, because if she was at all like me, she would be wanting to strangle me.
The week before finals and the week of finals didn't go so well for me and my body. I don't react well to lots of stress sometimes. Depending on the type of stress. I think if I were put in a situation where I had to take care of someone or I were in charge of something, I would be alright. But when it comes to tests...ugh.
So, on top of not being able to sleep for the past two weeks, I had no appetite, and I broke out. But don't worry, for what I didn't eat last week, I made up for this weekend. Holy crap. It's a good thing I like to exercise.

So I went home on friday, suddenly all of the sleep deprivation and stress I'd been under all month hit me like a brick wall. Needless to say, I must have looked like the undead when I walked in the door. My mom, who is now the Young Women president, was in the middle of a meeting. No wonder all of her counselors looked a little nervous when they saw me. They probably thought I was on the verge of death. After the meeting, my mother dragged me upstairs and basically forced me to take a nap on her bed. I didn't need much convincing, but for some reason I wouldn't lie down and sleep until she made me.

So, now, I'm recovering from the traumatizing experience of college finals, although I probably over-dramatized it, as usual. This makes me laugh because if I was freaking out about it this semester, it'll be fun to see what happens next semester. Next semester is going to be interesting. I guess we'll see if I have what it takes to become a physical therapist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say miss chari, you are a great writer. As a student of Social Work, I would say it has potential to be a great source of bulane therapy. That is my professional opinion. Muahahahaha. Anyway... I did enjoy your response to my question regarding the variable "x". It has helped me increase my odds dramatically! 1 boy for every 365 showers! Joy be praised I got a good one :)Thanks for your prestigious advise.
Love,
Melissa